Mara Intrepids Club enjoys one of the most spectacular locations in the world's best-known wilderness, Masai Mara Game Reserve. Mara Intrepids Club sits above a sweeping bend in the Talek River at the confluence of the Masai Mara's four game-viewing areas. Mara Intrepids Hotel is a short drive from the Mara River, where more than a million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August. For the remainder of the year, the Intrepids Mara camp offers some of the world's finest game viewing, with large local populations of plains game, elephants, rhinos, buffalos, and all the big cats.
Mara Intrepids Hotel is 298 kilometers due west of Nairobi - a six hour drive on well-maintained roads and 45 minutes by air.
The Luxury camp in Mara itself is divided into four distinct areas, with separate dining areas and ‘mess tents’ ensuring exclusivity for larger groups travelling together. An Intrepids safari offers a unique game-viewing adventure, including three daily game drives with our experienced guides, educational outings with our famous Adventurers’ Club, and trips to Maasai villages where we support several community development projects.
Mara Intrepids Club Hotel Accommodation - A luxurious tented camp, the club has 30 modern tents with a capacity of 60 persons. All tents are either twin or double bedded and are arranged in groups of two, three or four units to make individual mini-camps. All tents are self-contained with own bathrooms with shower flush W.C., wash hand basin, hot and cold water and electricity.
*There are 30 luxury tents, which are spread across a large riverside site to ensure guests the privacy and peace.
*Each tent is furnished in the classic style of the grand African safaris, with large four-poster beds and handsome reproduction furniture offset by modern en suite bathrooms with hot showers, flush toilets and all modern amenities.
*Each tent sits on a shady raised platform, with sweeping views over the riverbanks where a wide variety of animals come to drink.
Mara Intrepids is divided into four distinct areas, each with its own open-air dining area and 'mess tent', where private meals and functions can be arranged.
Mara Intrepids Club Hotel Restaurant
Dinner is usually served in a large dining room under a traditional makuti-thatch roof, while breakfast and lunch are hosted on a breezy terrace beside the riverfront swimming pool. The main bar overlooks a suspension bridge leading to a leopard-baiting area, where the most exquisite residents make an appearance most evenings.
Beside the bar is a fully equipped conference room, where Maasai·naturalists deliver evening slide shows on the local culture and wildlife - and where corporate groups can do a spot of 'bush business'.
The dining room has a seating capacity of 70. Breakfasts and lunches are served on champagne terrace overlooking the Talek River.
- Afternoon tea is available. There is a well stocked main bar.
- Private lounge/dining tent for each two, three or four tent units.
- Private bar equipped with refrigerators in each of the 'mini-camps'.
- Comfortable Safari four wheel-drive vehicles for game drives.
- Swimming pool. Gift Shop. Residents' reference library.
- Video room with wildlife video library.
- Elevated viewing tower for cocktails.
- Suspension bridge over the Talek River.
- Safe deposit facility for valuables.
- Baited tree for leopard.
- Indoor games are available from reception.
Mara Intrepids Club Hotel Services
- Welcome drinks on check-in
- Transfer arrangements to and within the Mara.
- Laundry and valet service.
- Early morning calls with either tea or coffee.
- Transfers for game viewing in hot air balloon.
- Organizing private BBQ's in individual tent units.
- Telephone service from reception.
- Arranging of special excursions e.g. Nature walks in the Masailand.
- Game drives with highly experienced driver/guides.
- Fishing on the Olare Orok and Talek rivers outside the reserve.
- Private parties on the champagne terrace.
- Supervised children activities under the Adventurers Club.
Mara Intrepids Club Game Drives
There’s always excitement in the Mara, dawn as the animals wake, midday and the shimmering heat, or dusk, perfect for hunting: a pride of lion stalking zebra, a herd of elephant heading for the swamps, cheetah cubs playing in the shade. Sights you won’t forget.
Our four-wheel-drive vehicles are built to our own specifications. Cut-away roofs give you better views. Our professional tour drivers will astonish you with what they find: a tell-tale vulture will lead them to a hyena kill, a warning cry from a mother wildebeest reveals a leopard stalking through the grass. Heritage Hotels and Lodges